Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Phew, the season is ALMOST over. Hard to believe all the hard work of this summer has been leading up to this moment. Dress is finished - well except for rhinestones. Guess what I'll be doing at the hotel Friday night?



How it goes all depends on which child shows up to skate. Lately it's been a major roller coaster. No biggie. This season doesn't REALLY matter. Next year, in Juvenile... different story. Fingers crossed on that one! Guess what she has going for her (for next year) is that (for the most part) her jumps are clean.

Here is a video of her most recent competition. Not the best job, but she was happy.



To decompress, in November I'm taking her to Disney for her birthday. Her only request was that she got to stay in a room on a floor where you have to use a key to get there. Wonder where she got that idea? The fun part is that she knows we're planning on meeting up with a friend that lives in Florida, but she has NO idea that her best friend from school will also be down there at the same time. Can't wait to see the surprise on her face! Hope the weather is nice!

Next dilemma... where/when to cruise in 2008? I know, TOUGH decision that I have to make. Due to the potential competition schedule we really can't go away for spring break as we have for the past 4 years... so now I'm looking at getting away just after school gets out. Toyed with sailing up to New England/Canada... but I can't seem to do it - to me cruising is palm trees, sand and beautiful blue water. So, now, drive to Florida to sail for 7 nights to the Western Caribbean (3rd sailing on same ship, 3rd trip to same islands, but this ship is moving to the west coast, so we'd like to sail on her once more), or hop on up to New Jersey for a 5 nighter to Bermuda? Decisions, decisions!

1 comment:

renecarol said...

That was great. I love the changes in her program since the one a few posts back. She fell - my Lexie's fell in her last competition, the competition before that she fell before her do-over from the music messing up, and then she fell in the competition before that so its been a long time since a perfect program. Anyway - I wish her the best of luck at South Atlantics!!!! I'm sure she will do great. Its all about just doing the best she can and letting the chips fall where they may. I'm glad we aren't going to South Atlantics this year. It was a stressful season... I don't think it needed to be so stressful. I'm going into next season with a whole different outlook on it.