Monday, October 22, 2007

High School Musical the Ice Tour

All I can say is WOW!

DD actually enjoyed it so much Friday night that she begged to be able to see it again. Fortunately there were tickets still available for yesterdays show.

I actually sat there mesmerized, studying the costumes. By Disney standards the costumes were pretty simple.

DD was grilling me on the actual skating skills. For her the special part was knowing one of the skaters in the show. It's someone she's known since she started skating. Alex is playing the part of Zeke, and what a great job he did!

I want to know... why do I feel like this is possibly the BEST Disney on Ice production that I have ever seen? At first I thought, maybe I feel that way because it's been so long since I've been to one. But, no, two of the coaches from our rink were there yesterday (and they used to skate with DOI), and they agreed - best show, hands down.

I'm going to chaulk it up to the skaters, the lack of silly costumes, and the choreography - I believe the same choreographer was used for the ice show as was used in the movie.

DD's FAVORITE song right now:








1 comment:

renecarol said...

I'm SO excited about seeing the show. My daughter's friend and her mom are going with us to see the show (or we are going with them rather). Its so great that they are going to be at our rink. The girls aren't quite grasping that Zac Efron, Vanessa Hudgens, Corbin Bleu, Ashley Tisdale, etc won't be there. They have professional skaters playing their roles.