Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Skating dresses (and associated nightmares)

DD's season is well underway. She has never made it through an entire season without outgrowing her original dress. Fingers crossed for this season - it ends in October.

Finally coming up for air. Spent 9 hours at the machine Saturday (and that was just to put the bodice together). The first attempt at the dress, in my mind, wasn't successful. For some reason my idea didn't translate as well as I had hoped. I'm not really sure why, but I HATED the skirt, and the whole thing was just so heavy.


This is the "HATED" dress. More stones were added after this picture.


All I need to do is permanently attach the skirt, and stone the whole thing. All by tomorrow at 4:30am. Sure, not a problem. Did I mention that the dog at DD's retainer last night? So we're off to 2 orthodontist appts today. Add to that that she skated this morning, and skates again this afternoon... somewhere in here I'm supposed to work, I think.

This dress got me to thinking about all my stressful home-stretches leading into competitions. Lots of rhinestoning at the hotel the night before the event.

This dress was a late night in a hotel in Charleston, SC...


This was a hotel in Aston, PA...


This was a hotel in Hagerstown, MD...


Hotel in Ardmore, PA...


Okay, there are no stones on this dress... I just love the dress! Probably my favorite dress to date. She was so little then! And skating to 101 Dalmations. Oh how I miss those days.

1 comment:

Taoknitter said...

Oh Erika, I so love seeing these dresses!! How wonderful they are! Stretchy fabrics are scary to me. And I think (my very uneducated opinion)that the current dress is wonderful! Maybe one day we should have lunch and pick each other's brains!

Great job on the blog!